You may have heard of Lindsey from her appearance on Season 5 of America’s Got Talent, as well as her massive YouTube following, but you may not know these ten things about the dancing violinist.
1. Lindsey is a member of Forbes’ 30 Under 30 in Music: The Class Of 2015.
The list from that year also included the members of Florida Georgia Line, Hozier, and Ed Sheeran. It was the last time Lindsey could have appeared on that list, having turned 30 this year on September 21st.
2. When Lindsey was five, because of financial reasons, her parents presented her with a choice: violin lessons or dance lessons.
She chose the violin, but in her 20s, Lindsey taught herself to dance, according to an interview she gave with Gregg Daniels & Fast Freddy.
3. Lindsey’s song Shatter Me is a personal look at eating disorders.
“It’s actually my story of overcoming my eating disorder,” she said in an interview with ABC News. “I think so many girls, whether it’s a full-fledged eating disorder or whether it’s body image issues, I think that so many women and probably men as well can relate to looking in the mirror and feeling worthless and ugly. I wanted to share that there’s hope.”
4. Her album Shatter Me actually hit number two on the Billboard 200 back in 2014.
5. In August of 2014, Lindsey reached over one million singles sold worldwide. By April of last year, her YouTube channel had over one billion views.
(Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for Coachella)
6. Lindsey was born in Santa Ana, California, but spent much of her childhood growing up in Gilbert, Arizona. She is one of five kids.
(Photo by Christopher Polk/Getty Images)
7. While attending Mesquite High School in Arizona, she was part of a five-piece rock band called Stomp on Melvin at the age of 16.
8. Originally wanting to be a film maker, Lindsey attended Brigham Young University in Utah. She ended up graduating last year with a degree in recreation management.
(Photo by Rick Diamond/Getty Images)
9. Lindsey’s debut album was nominated for the 2014 Billboard Music Awards for Top Dance/Electronic Albums, her second album won a Billboard Music Award in the same category a year later.
10. Lindsey has a second YouTube channel, LindseyTime, which is designed to be a behind-the-scenes look at her life.
Lindsey Stirling joins Meghan Trainor and James Bay at Mix 104.1’s Not So Silent Night on Tuesday, December 6th, 2016 at the House of Blues in Boston. The only way to get tickets is to win them through Mix 104.1 and mix1041.com.